Friday, January 20, 2012

I Dreamed a Dream

Today I am linking up to P52 challenge.  Where you take a picture every week for a year.  You also get a theme for the week.  This week was 'I Dreamed a Dream'.  I instantly knew the dream, but wasn't sure how to embrace that into a picture.  Mostly, because at the moment, I have fulfilled my dream, and couldn't get the obvious picture that I wanted.  My friend actually gave me the idea to take a picture of my socks, so that is what I did. 




Socks?  You wonder?  How do socks embrace a dream? 
Well let me start at the very beginning.  First, I love dreaming. I often have brilliant dreams, and many times I am sad that I have awoken.  So when I had this dream, it was unusual as many of my dreams are.  However, it would prove to be much different.  I dreamt that I was having a baby for another couple.  Mind, you at this time in my life, my middle son was only about 6 weeks old.  So I awoke from this dream, and thought it was strange, and then tried to forget about it.  Only to find that I just couldn't.  I just couldn't stop thinking about my dream.  After about two weeks, of trying to put this thought out of my head, it occurred to me that the Holy Spirit was telling me something.  So I started doing research about it, and discovered that surrogacy was something I could do.
I am proud to say, that I have lived my dream, not once but three times.  I took the step and made it happen.  My first match was with a great couple who reside in Italy.  They are great people. 
Since, they lived over seas, I tried to come up with some ways for them to be connected with the pregnancy.  I decided we needed lucky socks.  It took me a while to find them, but I settled on these socks.  I decided that the Chinese symbols meant luck!  So I bought a pair for her, and one for me.  The day of the transfer (which is when the RE put their embryos, into me), we both wore our panda socks.  I am not sure what it was that day, but it worked.  We were pregnant with their son.  We wore those socks, whenever we had something important going on.  She wore hers over seas, and I wore mine here.  It was really special.  After that journey, we worked together one more time, and they have a beautiful little girl (we wore the socks for that transfer too). 
I also helped another couple, just as special as my first couple were.  We attempted a transfer in August of 2010, and it didn't work.  I also didn't wear my panda socks.  So the next time we transferred, I wore my lucky panda socks, and it worked.  Their little girl was born at the end of September. 
I literally did dream a dream.  It was simply one of the most amazing things I have ever done.  I have thanked God so many times, for allowing me the opportunity to help others.  It was amazing. 

MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment