Thursday, January 12, 2012

The things that boys love!  I mentioned before that I am the den leader to my son's cub scouts.  Well technically they are Wolf Scouts this year, working hard to become a Bear Scout.  So today, I came up with this recycling craft.  Ok, I didn't really come up with it, but took it from the hand book.
First, you take used cans, like vegetable cans. 
Then you use the can opener that will poke a hole into it.  So you make a whole on both sides (across from each other). 
Then you thread the string through the holes, and tie it.
 Tada!  You have can stilts. 
The boys step on them and use the strings to pull the can tighter to their foot, and they walk on them.  My boy scouts just loved it, and mastered them pretty quick.  We even ended up with a walking contest.  It just humored me that two cans and a pieces of string can make boys happy.  Here is a picture of what the can stilt looked like:
Seriously, the easiest project ever!note the other can lost its string, my son broke it, while playing with them
Not sure what other fun project I am going to come up with, but luckily I am off the hook, cause Derby time is almost here!

MJ

1 comment:

  1. Haha, the things that will amuse boys! :-)

    ReplyDelete