Monday, January 9, 2012

Just Dance

Ok, today is Fit Club link up!  I have come to the conclusion that I need to record things.  I need to have it written down, so I can visually see my progress.  My husband and I have been doing the P90x thing, and there are 7 days of exercise.  Well, some of those days, you have reps that you do, and I need to know that I am beating my old record!  I didn't record my first days, and I wasn't sure if I was any stronger the next time I did it.  Anyway, I am now writing it all down, so I know.  I am also going to start writing down what I am eating, and keeping better track of that information. 
I also need to add in more cardio.  There are two days of cardio on the P90x videos, and a day of yoga, one of stretching, and 3 with weights.  I just don't think I am getting enough of the cardio.  So I think I might pick up another cardio DVD, or I am going to pop in my new Just Dance 3, Wii game I got.  I noticed they have, a just sweat section.  I can go downstairs, and put that in, and my daughter and I can rock it out =)!  If I had a video of me trying to do these dance moves, I think I would become the next big YouTube sensation.  Let me just say, this girl has NO, and I mean not even a little, rhythm.  I can not for the life of me keep a beat.  I can't move my arms and legs at the same time.  Just not gonna happen!  I would love to dance, I envy the people on the dance floor that can just move and shake and not look like a fish out of water.  Honestly, I have a hard time even keeping a beat.  For example, if everyone is suppose to be clapping in unison, I will often have to stop and stare at the person next to me, to find the beat again.... it is that bad!  Anyway, a small part of me is hoping that me copying the dance moves on the Wii game, I might actually get good, haha!
I am also reminding myself, that it isn't going to happen over night.  I just have to keep at it.  Keep pressing play! 
I hope everyone else has been doing well. 

MJ

7 comments:

  1. hey girl! great job on p90X...not an easy thing to do!!! you rock! your right it didnt come on over night and it wont come off over night, but it will come off if your work hard and p90x is hard!! hehe:) good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried the Just dance yet, would you recommend it? I've done the zumba one and I'm enjoying that, have to check some of the moves a couple of times, two left feet and no rhythm myself, but it does give me a good work out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daisy, I haven't really tried the just sweat part on the Just Dance yet. I noticed it on there, so I will let you know when I do. I haven't tried to Zumba one, so I don't know if it is comparable? When you have two left feet, it's nice to dance where no one can see you, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. P90X is really impressive! Good for you! You will definitely see results. And I love the dancing games, it's such a great workout and fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally need to record things too, for that motivation. Plus I am just a list maker anyways, so this seems to fall into that. You know I'm with you on the dancing thing, but maybe you will surprise yourself! I'm wanting to try that Zumba for the xbox but it's like $50 at Target so I'm feeling too cheap at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haa, I love the idea of a dancing video! You should definitely post one : ) Great job on P90x-it's tough!

    Erin @ Eatrunwrite.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you on the p90x, my husband gave up on it. Said it was WAY tough. I have the Michael Jackson dance game and it makes us sweat and we love it. I just give it all I've got and it is fun too!

    ReplyDelete