Wednesday, January 4, 2012

As Seen On TV... Eggies

Ok, have you ever made hard boiled eggs.  My kids love deviled eggs, so I tend to make them more then usual.  However, these last few months, I have lost my deviled egg mojo.  I seriously can't not peel the darn egg.  I mean by the time I get the shell off, I have lost half the egg.  So I did some egg googling, and discovered, that the older the egg is, the easier they will be to peel.  With this new found knowledge, I made sure that the eggs I had, were at least 3+ weeks old.  Sadly, I still ended up with a massacre of eggs. 
Lucky me and some late night TV (ok, maybe it really wasn't late), I see the infomercial for EGGIES!  The perfect way to make a hard boiled egg.  It looked simply amazing!!  How could I resist getting those??  Well, I can say that I have never ordered anything off the TV, and wasn't going to start with EGGIES.  I would just never make deviled eggs again.  Then my husband texted me that he bought me a surprise, and super excited me, asked if it was a cupcake.... He said it was better than that!  So I instantly thought two cupcakes, haha!  No, it was my EGGIES kit.  There is an 'As Seen On TV' store, at the mall he works by, and he bought them for me. 
So tonight, before my workout, I thought, what the heck, and let me try them.  Here are the results!
this is what they are.

in the pot to boil, I couldn't get the 6th one in there.


the finished product.  Yeah, not sure what to really think about that?

Anyway, I haven't yet tasted one.  I just got done with my workout, and am all out of calories for the day.  But tomorrow, is another day, and I will let you know how they taste.  They looked so much nicer on TV. 

As for the working out.  We did Yoga yesterday, and I am not a fan.  It was seriously, toooooooo long, and I couldn't get in the 'zone'.  Although, after 90 minutes, I did find a favorite pose....  dead corpse =)!  Today was back and legs.  It wasn't too bad, I actually enjoy working on those. 
I am also working on my cleaning schedule.  I have a list out, and I am hoping to really stick with it. 

MJ

1 comment:

  1. I think I might spend 10 hours peeling my eggs then eat those hahaha! Have you ever tried googling it? There's a ton of links, like this one.

    http://www.saveur.com/article/Techniques/How-To-Peel-Hard-Boiled-Eggs

    ReplyDelete