Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Four days in

Ok, so I am four days into this diet.  It isn't too bad, but let me tell you I was totally craving a cupcake from the bakery by my house!  I could just about smell and taste it, and so close to swinging into their parking lot.  And I also dreamt last night that I was eating Chick-Fil-A.  If you have never had their chicken sandwich, it is soooo very very very very good.  Seriously, it is good.  So I am dreaming about that sandwich, smothered in mayonnaise.  I ate every bite in my dream.  Other then those two crazy cravings, I am doing well =)
The exercise, isn't so bad either.  I am not as sore today as I was yesterday, so I am thinking we are making some progress.  I am doing 90 minutes of Yoga, and I can say, I am not looking forward to 90 minutes, 45, yes, 30 would be Awesome, even 60 would be tolerable, but 90??  It is all part of the P90X routine.  Needless to say, that my mantra for today is just push play... just push play!!  I am linking up to my friends page, for her Fit Club!  I think it is a great way to help keep motivated.  It helps when you know you are not alone.
I don't think I spelled out all that I was going to be doing or why.  Basically, it is eating a better diet.  More fresh fruits and veggies, more protein, and less carbs.  And then of course all the exercise too.  It is cardio, with strength training, and yoga (which I am not sure if that falls under something or is separate).  Why am I doing this??  Well, I am just plain old frumpy!  I am tired of my pooch, and would actually like to have a healthy body.  I can't remember a time where I have ever really been at a decent weight.  I would love to shed about 40 pounds, and honestly would be thrilled to get into a size 8. My husband is being my own personal trainer, and is helping me do all this.  His motivation... I promised if I could get off those 40 pounds, I would put on one of those slutty nurse outfits (the kind you buy from Party City at Halloween time).  He can't wait to get those pounds off, haha!  I figured if I actually loose those 40, I would probable wear all the slutty costumes =). 

So if you made a New Years Resolution to get Fit, or have been getting Fit for a while, then link on over, and share your tips!


MJ

7 comments:

  1. Haha, you linked up! :-) Well, the first one worked anyways, but not so much with the second one. I'll have to give you a couple quick tips on it, especially for the photo challenge link up. 90 minutes of yoga!! That is craziness! But when you're looking fabulous, I'm sure you'll be glad you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, you caught me before I could edit it out. I did try. Not sure why one worked and one didn't =)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure either? But when you are linking up to a party, you have to go to their party page, find the thing that says "You are next...click here to enter" and then it will take you to another page where you enter your blog address. And we've got to get a picture up of you! I like the one that's on your profile, we'll just have to get it on your blog. I had to take myself off as one of your administrators because I had a couple people comment to me about it, like it was my blog, ha! Talk to you later

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower from the fit club! Can't wait to follow along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to Fit Club. Don't forget that if you want just ONE cupcake, it's okay. You don't want to completely deprive yourself at first! Maybe one cupcake a month :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to Fit Club! It's been awesome to get to check out the new blogs as they join! Looking forward to following your journey :)

    Erin :: www.eatrunwrite.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the welcomes. I think the fit club will be a great way to stay motivated, and a great way to keep up with everyone

    ReplyDelete