Monday, January 23, 2012

Exercising... a hate relationship

This weekend kind of snuck by.  It was rainy where I live, and because of this mild weather, the temps have been so nice. So even though, I don't enjoy rain, it was tolerable.  But enough about my too fast weekend!!  Today is Monday, and do you know what that means??  FIT CLUB!!  Time to weigh in, and check on every one's progress!  I have confessions...

I confess that I haven't been as on top of my exercising as I should be!  I missed two days last week.  I would of missed like four, but dragged my A$$ down the stairs to do something!!  I don't know why I hate exercising so  much.  I just hate everything about it.  Even while I am actually doing it, I am thinking to myself, this sucks, and I can't wait for the tape to end.  When I am done, I am glad that I actually did it, but never to the point, that I want to do it again. 

Then I think to myself, that I am not cheating anyone but myself.  The guy on the tape, (most of the time it is Tony Horton, sometimes Bob or Dolvette) isn't being cheated.  My husband isn't being cheated (ok, maybe he is cause he won't get to see me in that slutty nurse outfit), but really and truly, I am cheating myself.  If I don't do the exercise, I won't get in shape.  I won't loose the weight, and I won't get healthy.  No one else, but myself. 

I also find that if I have any excuse, I tend to use that to get out of things.  Like me knee has been hurting just a little.  Nothing to keep me from really exercising, but I am all over my sore knee.  Thinking like, I shouldn't use my knee, I guess I can't do this or this.  Maybe I should really just rest my knee, and not exercise.  Thankfully, I had enough will power to push through those thoughts, but I did still ease up more then I should of, while exercising.  I do think that it would benefit me to see a personal trainer.  It would help to have someone show me the correct forms, of some of the exercises.  I think I am doing them right, but then I am not sure.  Maybe they could help motivate me to exercise!! 

I was reading over at the fit club, this morning. And the guest writer really said some interesting things.  I think I do need more tangible goals.  Not just a weight goal.  I would love to get down to a size 8.  So I think this week, I will be making some realistic, tangible goals, and when I hope to accomplish them by. 

As for the exercising, I will keep at it.  I will (not try!)  push myself just a little bit harder, while doing them.  Maybe someday I will find an exercise I enjoy???  Anyone else feel like me??  Do you hate to exercise? And if so what do you do to get into it?  Did you ever get to the point that you enjoyed it??  Please tell me there is hope for me =)

I also confess, I finally got that cupcake, and it was good!!

MJ

2 comments:

  1. I totally get what you mean! I go through funks where I won't want to work out either. Especially when I'm doing the same work out over and over (aka running or the treadmill). I am NOT a runner. I get in good routines where I'll run for a while, but it never lasts. I just get bored with it, if I'm being honest. I really wish I was a runner though! But what's been helping me lately is mixing up my routine. I love doing classes at the gym because they force you to work for a straight hour, and work all different parts of your body. Plus, each day of the week is a different work out. Adding variety to my work out routine really helped me! Now if I can just find some tricks to help me eat healthier! Haha. Happy Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I hate it too! :-) I could never make myself get through a tape. I have to distract myself while I am doing it. Like on the elliptical, I listen to my book on tape or music while also reading a magazine at the same time. That way sometimes almost 10 minutes can pass and I don't even realize it because my brain is busy thinking about something else. Or they even have these ellipticals and treadmills with little personal tvs attached to them at my gym, and I am all over those when I go. Charmed or Supernatural reruns, I am yours!! And really, why is that? How many times can I watch a Charmed episode???? One of the great mysteries of life, haha. I'll be interested to see what your tangible goals are. I'm thinking mine will be more like 10 pounds by such and such a date, and then I get {fill in the blank}. I am really thinking I want a Silhouette machine as my final reward. Aaron made me feel guilty about buying one right now straight out. So.....he can buy a $1000 guitar (when he already has five of them) and I say nothing, but I can't buy a $300 machine that I would use all the time?? Hahaha, totally called him on that one, so now he says I should just go get it, but I'm feeling properly chastised now. Um....this is getting to be kind of a long comment and perhaps taking the place of an email?? :-) So I should go!

    ReplyDelete