Friday, January 13, 2012

UGLY... No Beautiful

Ok, so I am linking up to the second photo challenge, of Project 52 Week.  Theme was 'Made With Love'.  Well, the obvious one to me, was my children.  They are perfect gifts from God, made from the love of my husband and I.  You can't get more 'Made With Love' then that.  However, I wanted to think a little outside the box. 
I have this gold shoe that my oldest son, Ian made for me, for Mother's Day one year.  I believe he was in PreK, so that makes it from 2006.  His PreK teacher told me to please send in an old shoe.  I happily obliged, and sent in an old white tennis shoe.  Come Mother's Day, there is a small brunch they provide to the mothers and we are presented with this old shoe, that they have transformed into a vase of sorts.  Not just any vase, but a gold one, and one that holds pretty pink silk flowers.  The thing is just ugly, no beautiful.  Every time I see it, I think to myself, just how ugly, no beautiful, it really is.  I have kept this ugly  no beautiful,  Mother's Day present, on the top of my dresser, for almost 6 years.  I don't have the heart to pack it up, because Ian made it for me, and he thought it was the most beautiful gift ever.  He made me that present with all the love a 5 year old can have.  So even though I think it is rather ugly no beautiful, it makes me smile every time I see it.  Someday, I will give it back to Ian with a lot of love.   
The Ugly- no Beautiful Shoe Vase!

My other picture, cause I wasn't sure which one to go with, is of these candle holders that my Aunt Tish made when she was a little girl.  She made them for my Grandma Peg, for Christmas I believe.  They represent her, my Uncle Jeff, and my dad (they were born in that order).  When my Grandma Peg passed away, they were given to me.  Because I also have two boys and a girl.  Ian, Lawson, and Adeline (in that order).  They are easily over 50 years old.  I know that these candle holders were made with love, and my grandmother loved them.   She took them out every Christmas, and put them on display.  I proudly have them on display in my living room, every day.  I even put them in order, two boys and then my girl.  They really even look like my kids now.  These really do mean a lot to me, because both my grandma and aunt have now passed away.  When I see them, I always get the opportunity to remember them.  I tried working with a different angle with this photo.

My kids, Lawson, Addy and Ian

 Ok, so those are my  'Made With Love' entries. 

MJ

4 comments:

  1. LOL!!

    I just love your no beautiful vase and flowers! So precious.

    And I love that you will one day give it back to Ian. With love. LOL!

    Wonderful photographs and made with love memories you've shared. Very sweet.

    Angie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect for the prompt for sure

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of the photos are perfect for the theme. I am kind of partial to the shoe vase. It made me smile. If you had known you would be looking at the shoe for all these years - would you have picked a different shoe?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna, I don't know, lol. I wonder if I would of just kept 'forgetting' to send one in =).

    ReplyDelete