Sunday, February 26, 2012

Or where or where have I been...

Wow, where have I been?  Totally slacking on so much.  The kids had a winter break this year, so my normal routine is off.  Not to mention, birthdays, and scouts. 
I have missed my photo challenge twice now, and the last fit club too. 
I guess I really haven't had much to blog about. 
I did finish The Hunger Games trilogy.  I really enjoyed the first two books, but I thought the third was lacking a little.  I think it was more to do with how the author developed her main character, Katniss.  I guess I pictured her mentally stronger, and I felt like she was really kind of weak in the last book, but it was pretty good.  I can already tell that I am going to be irritated with the movie.  I saw a preview, and in that tiny clip, they had already changed stuff from how it was written in the book.  Which I shouldn't be so surprised at, but I guess I don't understand why they would change that part.  I can't imagine it being so hard to film it like it was written in the book.
I have read all the Twilight series, but I have never seen any of those movies.  I keep thinking I need to watch them, but for some reason I don't seem to care either way.  I did however read all the Harry Potter books, and watched all of those movies.   I couldn't wait until the movies came out.  I love when they can take a good book and turn it into a good movie.  Sometimes though, books should be left alone.  The one book to movie that I was really disappointed in, was The Horse Whisperer.  That was such a great book, but the movie was terrible.  They totally changed it.  Are there any books to movies, that you really enjoyed or didn't?
The Oscars are on tonight!  Do you guys watch?  Every year, for a long time now (not even sure how many), my friend and I, and my husband have been predicting who the winners will be.  It has slowly grown, and now her husband is included and my husbands friend.  Anyway, most of the time my friend Kim is the winner, followed by my husband.  I am typically in last place.  I think one year, I got a total of three right.  I am just not a good predictor.  One year, I even went so far as to pick all the ones that People magazine had picked, and I still lost.  Anyway, I can't wait to see what will happen this year.  This could be my year.  I will let you know the results.
MJ

1 comment:

  1. I'm telling you, I am going to do terrible this year, I can just tell! I think my picks are too obvious and won't end up being the winners. Oh, and don't watch the Twilight movies!! I tried to read the books but couldn't make my way through even the first one, and the way Bella and Edward moon over each other in the part of the movie I watched made me want to throw up, seriously. I meant to be back on track with the photo challenge this week, but cabin fever?? Um, that's a hard one.

    ReplyDelete